... and I'm just trying to keep my head from exploding from anxiety, trying to remember everything, and complete and total joy.
Tonight's bookstore kickoff party at the BAM Harvey is going to be so off the hook (if I'm allowed to use that phrase as a card-carrying nerd). Food. Booze. Raw, sexy space. Colson Whitehead. Jennifer Egan. Kate Christensen. (Maybe) Jhumpa Lahiri. Fort Greeners. Book industry bigwigs. Friends. Loved ones. Supporters. Surveys to find out what YOU want from your bookstore.
And mad, mad media coverage. We've got Brooklyn 12, the Daily News, the Observer, New York Press, and yes, the New York Times herself coming to take photos and get the scoop. I am sure that I will look totally goofy; I hope they just listen to my words instead.
AND -- tonight is the night for a big announcement that will push the bookstore forward by a giant leap. I've hinted about it to some of you -- some of you know the secret -- and the rest of you will find out. This something (or someone?) is stone cold kick ass, and you're going to love love love.
Okay, I have to get back to work for a couple more hours before I start getting too excited and using more inappropriately street phrases. Can't wait to see you all tonight!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment