The lovely Susan Dominus of the New York Times city section has posted a great article about the FGIBI bookstore party, and my quest, here:
"A Woman Dreams of Opening a Bookstore, and Defying the Trends"
I'll admit it's made me a bit useless at work: look everyone, I'm in the Times! I promise I'll chill out about it in a day or two, but it's not every day this happens to a book nerd...
The picture from the Times is great, since it includes so many of the people who have supported this project: Sharon from the FGIBI is the one I'm hugging, and behind us are Rebecca (of course), Toby from Three Lives, Sean from Parson Weems, Christine and Vinnie from Word, Hillary from the FGIBI, and Stewart from good ol' McNally Jackson.
And there are more pictures of the party now online! Rebecca's friend, the author Jami Attenberg, has posted a whole slew of them here on Flickr. Lots of my favorite people are in those pictures, as well as lots of wonderful local book people I don't know yet -- check it out!
More to come, I'm sure. This week and next week we're doing our best to contact everyone who expressed their support in writing through the survey -- so expect to hear from us soon if you haven't already.
And THANK YOU all so much again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How can I donate?
ReplyDelete