This Wednesday, January 14 at 6:00 PM is the awards ceremony for the Brooklyn Business Library's PowerUp! Business plan competition. Just to draw out the tension before awarding the $5,000 and $15,000 prizes, the library invites local business figures and past winners to speak.
As last year's grand prize winner, I've been asked to say a few words, so I'll be there representing Greenlight Bookstore as one of the speakers. Though we don't have a bookstore yet to point to, I'll talk a bit about working with the Fort Greene Indie Bookstore Initiative, partnering with Rebecca, and the business plan as a living, adaptable document. I'm drawing up my "remarks" today -- it's a good opportunity to look back over the past year.
I'm excited to see this year's winners. If you're interested in attending, it's free -- registration info is here.
Kudos to the wonderful librarians and staff at the Brooklyn Business Library for making this possible again. And congrats to all the entrepreneurs who got their plans completed for the competition -- it's an important first step.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment